Hey there, fellow readers! I recently got nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Angelica @ The Book Cover Girls! I was also nominated by Meghan @ Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations and Reviews a while back! Thank you so much! It means a lot that you both nominated me for this award. 🙂 Now, without further ado, let’s get this started!
- Display the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
1. When I was younger, I was a bit of a prankster. I’d prank phone calls, tie people together via their clothes; that sort of thing. Thankfully, I’ve gotten over that phase and just stick to mildly scaring people from time to time… 😀
2. I have this love and hate relationship with the rain. First off, I hate being stuck in the rain. I have no qualms about it when I’m inside my house, sipping a latte and watching the world go by. But once I’m outside and it starts pouring, I’m just put off by it. Probably has to do with the times it would rain in Somalia. Since it wouldn’t rain for long periods of time, when it actually does rain, it pours like nobody’s business. It’s probably also why I’m thankful for it, seeing as the land did need that downpour in order for the wildlife to survive.
3. I’ll never read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I know this for a fact because I’ve tried several times to read it and could never get past the first few chapters. I know that lots of people love it, and I respect that, but it’ll probably never be my cup of tea and I’m okay with that.
4. I’ve always wanted to work at a bookstore. I guess this would come as no surprise to many of you, but it’s always been a dream of mine to have worked with books and the first job I thought of was working at Chapters Indigo. Even now, if I ever got the chance to work with them and see how the sales side of things go in the book industry, I’d still be interested. Maybe it’ll happen in the future…
5. I haven’t read a Fantasy YA novel in quite a while! I know I’ve been on a Contemporary streak lately, but I really want to delve into a world of magic again! If anyone has suggestions of a really good fantasy novel to read, please share them in the Comments Section below! I’ll read it ASAP!
6. I think I’m slowly on my way to becoming Team eBook… Or at least more than I was before. While I do love having a physical copy of the book at hand, I also love having a eReader with a bunch of books that I can choose to read if I’ve lost interest in one of them. Plus, if buying a new eReader is any indication, it probably means that I’m more dedicated to reading eBooks on a device dedicated to it rather than my tiny phone screen.
7. I don’t own a bookshelf. It’s true! I have a bunch of books but no shelf to put them in. I usually just leave them on the table or in a bin. I’d really like one though… Maybe that’ll be my next big purchase…
Lia @ Lost in a Story
Hermione and Clara @ Proud and Prejudiced Book Thieves
Steph @ Lost Purple Quill
Sydney @ Sydney’s Shelves
Laura @ Reading Sanctuary
Des @ Des’ Random Thoughts
Bentley @ Book Bastion
Eliza @ DuskAngelReads
Jasmine @ How Useful It Is
Laura @ thebookcorps
If you’ve already done this award or are not interested, feel free to ignore the nomination. Thanks for reading, everyone!