Hello everybody! I’m back with another tag. This time, it’s the Gilmore Girls book tag, courtesy of Eve Messenger. If you haven’t already, you should check out her blog and her answers to this tag; you’ll find them really entertaining! Well, without further ado, here are my answers to the tag:
1. I JUST GOT HIT BY A DEER: character having the worst day ever
- Calaena in the second half of Crown of Midnight (it was more than a day, but it was still pretty bad…)
2 . STARS HOLLOW: wildly eccentric cast
- Mia’s friends in The Princess Diaries series
3. COFFEE: a character you’re addicted to/ a character with an addiction
- Jem in The Infernal Devices, with his addiction to yin fen.
4. SOMEONE DEVIL EGGED MY CAR?!: a great act of revenge
- Frankenstein’s creature from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley ( OMG! The things he put Frankenstein through, not that he didn’t totally deserve it…)
5. MR. MEDINA: an illicit affair
- Benedict Lightwood and demon pox. Nuff said.
6. KIM’S ANTIQUES: a world you’d be afraid to enter
- Narnia, just because it seems like it would be a lot of work just to stay there….
7. HARVARD VS. YALE: character who needs to make a life-changing decision
- Percy Jackson at the end of The Last Olympian by Rick RiordanMa, when he is given his reward
8. LUKE’S DINER: comfort read
- Gamer Girl by Mari Mancusi, because I would go back to that book over and over again.
9. AM I CRYING OR LAUGHING?: a book that messed with your emotions
- Falling for You by Lisa Shroeder had me crying even on the subway!
10. EMILY: the HBIC
Grandmere from The Princess Diaries totally fits that description! 😀
11. LORELAI AND RORY: favourite family dynamic
- Stella and Cara from The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak. They wholeheartedly support each other! 😉
12. I PUSHED HIM IN THE LAKE: a book you’d throw in the lake
- The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill is that book. If I had been near the lake at the time, I probably would have left it there, since it was pretty boring…
13. 1000 YELLOW DAISIES: favourite romance
- At this point, it would be Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I remember reading it and thinking that it was the sweetest thing!
14. JESS: an unpopular opinion
- Love, Lucy by April Lindner, just because of the star rating it was given on Goodreads versus how much I enjoyed it (a lot more than its star rating…)
15. FIRST SNOW: snowy or holiday read
- My True Love Gave to Me anthology sounds like a perfect fit for this category! 😉
16. HEP ALIEN: book centred around music
- Any book in Katie McGarry’s Pushing the Limits series, since she always has a playlist at the back of those books pertaining to certain scenes.
17. HE’D BETTER HAVE A MOTORCYCLE: your book crush
- Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices! *swoons* ❤ ❤ ❤
18.IT’S REPETITIVE AND REDUNDANT: a book that could have been shorter
- Every Last Breath by J.L. Armentrout, since that book was mostly filled with character development rather than plot (I think there should be an equal mix, plus it’s the last book!).
19. KIRK: the weirdest book you’ve ever read
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffry Chaucer. While it was mostly enjoyable, it certainly gave me pause in some (a lot) of places.
20. IT’S A LIFESTYLE, IT’S A RELIGION: that one book that means more to you than any other
- I can’t think of one at the moment…
Anushka @ Living in Pages
Michelle @ The Bookish Librarian
Inge @ The Belgian Reviewer
Charleigh @ Charleigh’s Book Nook
Sarah and Faith @ Sublime Reads
Samantha @ Reed’s Reads & Reviews
I invite you all to participate in this tag (as well as anyone who’s read this post)! But if you have already done this tag or aren’t interested, you can choose to ignore it. That’s all for today! Until next time… 😉