Hello, everyone! I’m back with another award: The Sunshine Blogger Award! I’d like to thank Amber @ onlytruemagic and Bree @ The Literary Hellion for nominating me! It means so much when not one, but two bloggers nominate you for the same award. It just makes my day! Their blogs are pretty amazing, so you should check them out, if you haven’t already! Since I have questions from both of these bloggers, I’ll answer them all below and post my eleven questions afterwards. The rules are:
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate some bloggers who put sunshine in your day
- Write 11 questions for them to answer
1. What is your ultimate Throwback Thursday playlist? Do you use it to jam out or just have in the background? I actually don’t even have a playlist, let alone a Throwback Thursday playlist… 😐
2. Have you ever traveled outside of your home country? If so, where? If not, where’s your favorite local place to visit? Yup, I’ve travelled outside Canada. I’ve gone to London, Borama (Somalia) and Dubai. I honestly think that my favourite place to visit was Dubai’s gold market. And the hotel room of course. 😉
3. What genre do you tend to stray away from and why? I know I’ve said this over and over again, but I tend to stay away from dystopian books. Even though I do this, I still see elements of it in other novels, and it doesn’t ruin the book for me. I guess I just got tired of it.
4. What other hobbies do you take part in other than reading and blogging? I enjoy baking, even though I haven’t done a lot of that since school started. But I can’t wait to bake some snickerdoodles!
5. How long does it usually take you to read a novel? It depends on the length, my interest in it and the amount of time I’m available. Usually, the maximum amount of time it takes would be around a week.
6. Who do you think would have the most interesting memoir? Why? Oh, this is a hard question! 🙂 Especially since I don’t read memoirs that much. So far, I’ve read Model: a memoir by Cheryl Diamond and a little of Mindy Kaling’s first memoir Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns). They’re both pretty funny and interesting, so I can’t really decide who have the most interesting memoir. Maybe Mindy Kaling…
7. If you were to be transported into the world of any Disney movie, which one would it be? It would be post fifties for sure… Probably an Original Disney movie like Stepsister from Planet Weird, because I loved it as a kid! 😉
8. Other than WordPress, which social media outlet could you not live without? Twitter, because that’s where I get all my news from.
9. Are you more of a beach or country person? Why? I’m more of a beach person, because I’ve been threatened with living in the country so many times, it’s lost its appeal. 😀
10. Is there a party game that you like to pull out when gathered with friends? What is it and why? Nowadays, we don’t really play games when at a party (sounds boring). We mostly talk about stuff, like what we’re doing, what we’ve heard and what’s going on at that moment.
11. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? Is it really worth watching? The Harry Potter movies and it’s obviously worth watching. It’s probably one of the only book to movie adaptations I support, with the rest being so off that it turns into something cringeworthy (Vampire Academy).
The Literary Hellion’s questions:
1. Gloves or mittens? If it’s really cold, I’d go with mittens.
2. Say the Earth was destroyed but all other planets in our solar system were habitable. Which planet would you live on and why? I guess Mars, but only for the practical reason that it’s closer and people have been working with it already.
3. What are your biggest pet peeves? Other than spoilers, I can’t think of anything at the moment…
4. Fantasy or sci-fi? Fantasy all the way! 😉
5. Do you play any instruments? If so, which? I don’t play an instrument. Just had to play the recorder in fifth grade.
6. Of all the mythical creatures out there, which do you wish most was real? Probably a phoenix, since they seem interesting and yet harmless (not like a Jabberwocky)…
7. What is your favorite television show (past or present)? I always loved Arthur as a kid, and even later. It never got really old, at least to me.
8. About how many books would you say you have on your physical bookshelf? At the moment, I have 23 books on my shelf/window sill. The rest are all on my Kobo.
9. In a fight between Wolverine, Mystique, and Quicksilver, who would win? Why? Sorry, but I have no clue who’d win because I don’t really read X-men comics…
10. Are you a cat or a dog person? I’m more of a cat person than a dog person.
11. Say you stumbled into a time machine that took you back to ancient Greece. You have no idea how to work the time machine, so— surprise!— you’re stuck there forever. What do you do? I would try to get out ancient Greece and hope there are Amazons or an equivalent group out there! 😛 🙂
And my nominees are:
Anyone who wants to answer these questions! 😉
- What is your favourite place to go to?
- Are you also interested in graphic novels, manga, comics, etc.? If so, then from what genre and name your favourite.
- You’re on the last chapter of the page, but someone calls you over to do something. What do you do?
- The ultimate decision: Pizza or ice cream? 😛
- What’s that one book on your TBR that you’re really eager to read?
- Name the last book recommended to you.
- Where’s the weirdest place you’ve ever read a book?
- Do you get into the spirit of October by reading scary/Halloween themed stories? If so, then which ones?
- What do you like most about having a blog?
- Excited for any book releases coming up? Which ones?
- Is there anyone in world that you’d like to meet and who would they be?
That’s all for now! Thanks for reading this post, everyone! Until next time…